Jesus Paid It All...




















As I was preparing for this Sunday's worship set for @ResonateChurch I was blown away by lyrics to a hymn that I have sang a million times. During my preparation for the worship practice and our Sunday morning worship experience I will read through the words of the songs and try to really think about exactly what the writer was trying to get across. Like I said earlier I have sang this hymn many times, but my heart was overwhelmed when reading through the song this week. The lyrics in this hymn are powerful and I thought it would be awesome to post the lyrics for you all to use a a devotion. So here are the lyrics...

LYRICS FOR REFLECTION:

I hear the Savior say,
“Thy strength indeed is small
Child of weakness, watch and pray
Find in me thine all in all.”

Lord, now indeed I find
Thy power and thine alone
Jesus died my soul to save
And melt the heart of stone

Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow

And when before the throne
I stand in him complete
“Jesus died my soul to save!”
My lips shall still repeat

O praise the one who paid my debt
And raised this life up from the dead!

Comments

Unknown said…
Every time I sing that song it washes over and overwhelms me. Jesus' sacrifice for me seems incredible. And all the things about myself that I find shameful, sad, pathetic or worse - they are already forgiven. Drawing me to a place where I want to be more like Christ, to honor His sacrifice. So beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Set List 03.29.09

NEW SERIES BEGINNING February 28th!

My Weekend and Thoughts About Visiting Passion City Church